Greg Mankiw has a collection of 14 statements over which there is general agreement. Read the whole list, but here are my favorites, along with the percentage of economists who agree with them:
1. A ceiling on rents reduces the quantity and quality of housing available. (93%)They're my favorites because I think they are the ones that are most at variance with the beliefs of the general public and our fourth estate.
2. Tariffs and import quotas usually reduce general economic welfare. (93%).
6. The United States should eliminate agricultural subsidies. (85%)
7. Local and state governments should eliminate subsidies to professional sports franchises. (85%)
12. A minimum wage increases unemployment among young and unskilled workers. (79%)
13. The government should restructure the welfare system along the lines of a “negative income tax.” (79%)